Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I am in Vietnam and have Cara

I arrived very late last night. The first 2 planes were very full and I did not get much sleep. Thankfully the last plane was not so full, but still only sleep for about an hour. Martin and Ellie from World Child, as well as a couple of hotel personel, met me a the airport. It has been very interesting so far. The first thing I noticed when I got here. The people waiting to pick you up are not allowed in the airport. So there was a huge crowd outside of the airport. They shuttled me to the hotel, which is about a half hour away. I got settled in and ready for this morning. The morning did not start off so well as I overslept and woke up only minutes before Ellie was to be here to pick me up. So I did not get breakfast or COFFEE! We left the hotel about 7:30 this morning to go to the orphanage to pick up Cara. When we got there, I met the director, one of the vice directors, and the paperwork lady. Then they brought Cara in. She is so beautiful and smaller than her pictures make her look. I did get to go into the "baby room" to see where Cara was staying. All of the caretakers just cooed over and loved on Cara. After that we went to get Cara's passport pictures, which we had to wake her up for and then to the supermarket to get formula and cereal. We got back to the hotel about 10:30. Ellie stayed to fill out paperwork and translate the instructions from the orphanage about Cara's feeding schedule. After her bottle Cara fell asleep. So I was able to shower, eat and sleep some. I will post some pictures after I load them on my computer. Tomorrow we go to the Justice Department to make Cara leagally ours.

2 Comments:

At 7/03/2007 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. I was hoping to see good news on your blog today. I am so happy for you. Have a wonderful trip.

 
At 7/11/2007 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats

We are very happy for you and she is adorable hope your trip home is good.

Peggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home